Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A New Year – A New Diet

This year I have two new “diets” or goals for the new year. Bare with me, I know this is a crazy time of year for this type of thing.

First is health. I started this last year by visiting a naturopath and seeing what my body was, well I guess “sensitive” too because I’m not truly allergic. At least not collapse on the floor – can’t breathe- swollen face- allergic. Just like wheat gives me acne. That sort of fun.  So, with that in mind, and getting sick of being winded after climbing only 3 bloody flights of stairs, I made the resolution to be healthy this year. Not like give up sugar and only eat raw veggies healthy – like balanced meals, more exercise and making the move to achieve the weight my doctor would LIKE to see me at (she has told me for several years I could probably do well to loose a bit of weight, but I mean there is hearing it, and deciding to DO it and now I’m on board too so everything should run a little smoother). Coming up in March is my physical, and with going to the gym 3 times a week and a change in eating habits (more veggies, fewer cookies, but still having cookies) I am hoping to loose a pound a week for the next 8 weeks. (technically I’m giving myself 10 weeks for the 8 pounds but still). The idea being that if I can keep on track on my own then I wont pay for help from a company, and if I can’t make it move, I will need additional help. I have done weight watchers before, but didn’t finish reaching my goal. Why 8 weeks do you ask? Well I will still be a student so the rate is cheaper, and if I do it before their promotion ends then I don’t have to pay registration fees.

Next the yarn diet. Yarn diet. It hurts to say it. Here is the truth. I have lots of yarn, in fact I have more than enough yarn. Many knitters would probably say this is silly. My stash has not exceeded what I can knit in my life expectancy, but to my family it seems like an extreme amount. So to help my stressed out budget and growing student debt I am invoking the yarn diet. This is where except for one super secret super special project I have planned I am not permitted to buy new yarn (or roving) until I have a. used up my current supply (ahahahaha) or b. I have a permanent job, or c. the year ends. I am making 1 possible exception (I know I know its January this is a bad sign) I signed up for a workshop last year that happens this weekend and I might not have yarn in the right weight to work with. So for this, I might buy 2 balls in the right weight to get through the class.

Back at school things are starting off nice and slow. I think it should be a good semester and fingers crossed about job prospects. That’s all for now, I hope everyone else has great new years goals and I will try of course to update a little more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment