Monday, January 16, 2012

Sick… but still working

I can’t make this long (or can I?) because I should probably go and get some school work done. This is my procrastination.

After work yesterday my cold caught up with me in a big way. My muscles still are hating me and whenever I get sick my jaw hurts (why I dunno, but it is super weird). I think the worst part is I can’t stop sneezing, or get rid of the pre-sneeze feeling. My tracking project got put on hold this morning also because of my cold, as did the soup making. So sadly this post is a little less colourful than I thought it would be. The only soup I’ve had is premade chicken broth with zucchini and quick cook vermicelli noodles. Cold food.

Blergh so far this is just me complaining about having a cold. Deepest apologies, allow me to move on.

12 days people. After almost a year of waiting, my spinning wheel (and my sister and her fiance) will be coming home to Canada. Guess what I am doing Sunday January 29th? I will post pictures I promise because it will be epic and awesome and mine (finally).

The problem I face then is this.

I live with a cat. Cats like to chase yarn, and they love to sink their claws into soft stuff.  I know from first hand experience that Suki in particular is very good at drafting expensive fibre (she got into the box of fibre when it first came and I had to yell at her a bit…being a cat I don’t think she cared). If I leave fibre on my wheel Suki is very likely (a guaranteed will) to get into it and I will come home for the weekend to find my special fibre spread around the house in little fluffy balls and Suki happily nested into a cluster of these very same fluff balls like royalty.

Some of you may (will certainly) say, close the door where you keep the wheel. But if I keep the wheel in the bedroom, if my Spartan forgets to close the door in the morning Suki will come in to play with my wheel. The other room on the main floor is where her litter box is so I can’t close the door there. The basement is laundry, and the computer room. Also not good places to keep my new wheel.

The conundrum shall be figured out soon. I’ve got 12 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment