Sunday, April 26, 2009


This weekend I had the privilege of viewing (being accosted by) a red winged blackbird (top left) and then a painted turtle. The red-winged blackbirds are out in force right now trying to impress the ladies and protect their territory. No one has seen the Blandings turtle since last weekend. Diane recommended next time we should bring him into the nature centre so that someone can come and officially document him before we release him in the same spot. It might have been hard with the Mr. Blanding, he was quite a large turtle.

Tomorrow I leave for field camp and what promises to be a solid two weeks out in the field identifying creatures, and plants. I love doing this sort of thing, yet as always with a new experience feel nervous!

Finished my sock and cast on some leg warmers. They were supposed to be ready FOR field camp... the pattern said you can knit them up in a day. As I've done mittens like that before it did not seem an unreasonable time frame. I forgot that when I did the mittens I did almost nothing else (unless you count watching movies). Lesson of this project - done in a day is all relative to the knitter and time they have available to them.

Maybe cold weather will goad me on who knows? For now I'm off. If I get back to a computer sometime this week I'll update about field camp week 1.

Cheers from the 'loo
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment