Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy Belated New Year

Ok, so its a new year and this is my first post since spring of 2009 (not very good at this whole posting on a regular basis thing). I can't remember if I ever posted what a foible is. I generally assume people are familiar with the word, but then I have conversations with my boyfriend and he reminds me that my vocabulary is very often archaic. So, Foible- a minor flaw or shortcoming in character or behaviour. I guess its a gentle way to look at those things which make us eccentric, it just sounds nicer than saying lifes faults and flaws, more positive.

Last time I posted I was about to leave for field camp. I went, did field camp and loved it, learned a lot and am now addicted to learning as much as I can about birds! I'm hoping to do some volunteer bird banding this spring. Twice actually, once with my Uncle working with Project Peregrine in Thunder Bay and once with one of the banding stations around Ontario. I have an Owl Workshop coming up in a couple of weeks at the Arboretum UoG. I'm super excited about it.

I'm almost done school. Only Cell Bio to go and I'm doing that through a distant ed program at Athabasca University. So trying to work, lose weight and finish that up. Keep me on track! The goal is to save up money for traveling. Specifically to New Zealand. I met a woman who works for Conservation New Zealand when I was on field camp and I really want to get over there and explore! To save money every month I'm going to put $60 in a savings account. That isn't a lot, about a twoonie a day, during the summer I'll add more beacause I'll have a more regular income. Any money I receive as gifts, from my income tax return, GST cheques any extra cash is going into that savings account!

Knitting Update! I've been working on a blanket, not a huge one just a nice size for watching tv. I've set aside my sweater which is silly I guess. I mean to pick it up again soon but I think I'm scared of it. Finishing it is a big deal to me for some reason. I should really just get knitting. I do a lot of knitting anyway watching tv, sitting with Julian.

Alright so thats what is new with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment