Monday, March 12, 2012

Falling off the internet

I avoided my computer this weekend.  I pretended that like some bad disease it would suck me under in terrible ways I couldn’t and wouldn’t understand.  Sometimes being on the computer and internet for school is too much, and then we go and have social media, and blogs and podcasts that we want to listen to and they all require the internet and I wonder how I got on before my family got the cursed thing when I was in grade 7. 

This weekend I got to remember. They were/are called books.  I used to read all the time. I always had a book on the go, I would often even be reading them while watching TV which baffled my family a little.  I devoured a new one this weekend and realised I’m getting slow, I used to finish a small novel this size in a day, two tops and here I am on Monday still trying to finish a book I started Saturday afternoon.

I fell off the internet this weekend.  I got no school work done, but it felt great, and I can’t wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment