Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dancing Weather

The weather almost everywhere is unseasonably warm.  The last week of March is approaching and rather than wondering whether to dress for thunderstorms or rainstorms people are walking around campus in shorts and bikini tops trying to get their tan on.  After being the cranky pants who walks around talking about how this is global warming and unnatural and aren’t any of these people just a little bit concerned?  I got the flu.  Stuck in bed, hacking out a lung 100 degree Fahrenheit Flu.  I couldn’t go outside, I could barely roll off my effin couch to make my way into the bathroom and even doing that would work up a sweat.  It’s been 3 or 4 days now, I’m feeling a lot better even if my lungs still aren’t on board with the whole ‘healthy moving around’ thing yet.  I put on my headphones and I realised all my music was summer related from last year, or from my trip to New Zealand last year.

This is weather that I normally embrace, I live in Canada, unseasonable? Yes. Un-enjoyable? Only when being a killjoy. 

So I’ll stop being a killjoy,  I’m going to go outside and play frisbee and chase my boyfriend around a field after a soccer ball like I did in highschool when I was young and stupid and lived every minute with extremes!  (I’d say with joy and love but would be overlooking the natural teenage tendency to fall into utter despair when things don’t go exactly as planned).

This is dancing weather, this is bbq weather, this is living life with frisbee in hand weather.

There are 4 weeks of class left, I don’t have a job, and my sister is trying to plan her wedding.  Right now I am wired on cough meds and wishing someone here would run around outside and dance with me.

May I have this dance?

No comments:

Post a Comment